Lincoln Meadows will be accepting gently used dresses and accessories for The Glass Slipper Project. Clean out that closet & make a difference in a girl’s life!
10 N Lincoln Meadows Dr
Schaumburg, IL 60173-6147
When: February 1, 2011-February 28,2011.
The Organization targets any junior or senior in high school that plans to attend the prom but needs some assistance in obtaining a dress
What is The Glass Slipper Project?
The Glass Slipper Project is an organization that provides free prom dresses and accessories to Junior and Senior girls. Over the past 11 years, we’ve had the opportunity to help over 15,000 girls receive a prom dress!
The Glass Slipper Project will be holding three boutique giveaways on Saturdays at which young women can shop for prom dresses, shoes, accessories and cosmetics. Volunteer “personal shoppers” will be on hand to help the students and every step will be taken to make the experience fun.
- If you’d like to donate:
- Bring gently used Bridesmaids, Social or Cocktail Dresses to Lincoln Meadows
- Please make sure items have been purchased n the last 5 years
- We will also accept special occasion shoes, purses, jewelry, wraps etc.
- We will accept all sizes but are need of plus sizes and size 0 as well.
- We also accept un-opened cosmetics, lotion, perfumes etc.
The Glass Slipper Project-If you/someone you know would like a dress:
- Only the first 700 girls who arrive at each boutique will be granted admission.
- Students MUST be juniors or seniors currently enrolled in a high school.
- Students MUST be physically present at the boutiques in order to receive a dress
(parents, friends and teachers may not shop for them).
- Students MUST bring their school IDs or a letter from their principal on school stationery or they will not be permitted to participate.
- Students are encouraged to bring a relative or guardian who will be permitted to shop with them. Other family members may wait for the student in the waiting area.
- Students with small children will need to bring someone to watch them. Babysitting services are not provided.
- Students will be allowed to receive ONE dress, plus related accessories and makeup, if available.
DATES/LOCATION FOR 2011 PROM SEASON WILL BE ANNOUNCED IN EARLY 2011
If you need more information, please visit www.glassslipperproject.org or the Glass Slipper Project Hotline at (312) 409-4139