Where: 1350 W. Randolph Street
& 1340 W. Washington
When: May 28-29, 2011
Saturday- 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Sunday- 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Anyone looking to spruce up their home, wardrobe or garden with something truly special and exceptional should look no further than The Randolph Street Market Festival, returning to Chicago’s trendy West Loop neighborhood for its 8th season this Memorial Day Weekend, Saturday, May 28 and Sunday, May 29. New lower admission fees, $8 online/$10 at the gate (good for both days), make the Market even more of a bargain hunter’s dream this year. Held one weekend of each summer month, May through September, the European-style, indoor-outdoor market has earned an international reputation as one of the finest and most diverse antique markets in the world, drawing comparisons to Paris’ legendary Le marché au puces de Saint-Ouen.
Featuring 200 select purveyors of high quality, amazingly priced finds, it has been described as the “Market of Markets,” offering an array of vintage and modern furnishings, clothing, jewelry and collectibles, as well as food and flower vendors, a full bar with wine, beer and liquor offerings and live musical entertainment.
The May Market will also feature the annual Garden Party theme, showcasing exceptional outdoor living and home accessories, providing shoppers the chance to refurbish their gardens and patios in time to entertain in style this summer.
In the Wall Street Journal this past November, Celebrity designer Nate Berkus, raved “The Randolph Street Market Festival. For me, trawling for finds here is the definition of a perfect weekend morning. You can land distinct antiques, great vintage estate jewelry and cool designer pieces.”
New for 2011, with paid general admission, shoppers will also receive two $5 shopping vouchers, each good for $5 off any purchase of $25 (or more). Students who purchase the discounted ticket will receive one $5 voucher.
Additional Randolph Street Market Festival highlights include:
- Sell Your Gold Market allows attendees to bring their own gold to be sold onsite, earning extra cash for unwanted jewelry
- A Professional Appraiser will offer on-the-spot valuation of heirlooms
- Great vintage bicycles, certain to catch the eyes of cycling enthusiasts participating in the May 29 “Bike the Drive” event, will be available for purchase
- The Fancy Food Market returns with unique gastronomic creations by local culinary artisans
- At the Vinyl Swap Meet nostalgic music lovers can find their groove pouring over original vinyl recordings
- Global Goods Bazaar showcases an exciting array of artisan goods representative of Chicago’s ethnic neighborhoods
- Chicago Antique Market features a diverse array of treasures from the past
- Indie Designer Market, where top designers sell modern and eclectic fashions of today