Taste of Chicago Concerts presented by the Department of Cultural Affairs and Special Events – Petrillo Music Shell
Jennifer Hudson, Death Cab for Cutie, Michael Franti & Spearhead, Chaka Khan, or Dierks Bentley Concert – From $25
View deal @ Groupon.com!
- Jennifer Hudson, with guest Luke James, on Wednesday, July 11, at 5:30 p.m.
- Death Cab for Cutie, with guest Calexico, on Thursday, July 12, at 5:30 p.m.
- Michael Franti & Spearhead and Fitz & The Tantrums, on Friday, July 13, at 5:30 p.m.
- Chaka Khan, with guest Raphael Saadiq, on Saturday, July 14, at 5:30 p.m.
- Dierks Bentley with guest Lindi Ortega, on Sunday, July 15, at 3:30 p.m.
Taste of Chicago
One of the Windy City’s greatest traditions, more beloved than debating the best pizzeria or hurling blame at Mrs. O’Leary’s cow, is the annual Taste of Chicago extravaganza. Since debuting in 1980, foodies and music fans have followed their noses and ears to the gorgeous lakefront of Grant Park to feast upon a smorgasbord of fine arts and culinary activities. Throughout five days, families savor the comestible craftworks of legendary Chicago chefs and devour five-star menu items without making advanced reservations or adding “Celebrity” to their IDs with magic marker. A staple of Taste of Chicago is the diverse roster of all-star musical acts at the Petrillo Music Shell, where fans put food-fuel to use as they dance, tap their feet, and rhythmically chew to a worldly sampling of sound.