Stretch your kitchen budget and put these creative, money-saving ideas to work for updates such as revamped cabinets, a fresh backsplash, and more! Check out these ideas from Better Homes & Gardens. These are perfect for a weekend warrior, on a budget!
- Cozy Up the Work Space: A colorful or patterned rug instantly gives your kitchen a boost of personality and comfort.
- Refreshing Change: The quickest way to rev up your kitchen’s style quotient is to roll on a fresh coat of paint.
- Stylish Faucets: Spruce up your kitchen sink with a new faucet.
- Bright Ideas: Updating your kitchen’s style might be as simple as looking overhead. Consider switching out an old light over an island for a more personalized look.
- Cabinet Hardware Update: Give your cabinets a boost with fresh hardware.
- Open Up: To give your kitchen a major style update, forgo ordinary kitchen cabinets and incorporate open shelving.
- Window Dressing: A kitchen with windows offers an opportunity to incorporate storage in unexpected ways.
- Weathered and Worn: No matter how dismal outdated cabinets might look, there’s usually nothing a bit of paint can’t fix.
- Styled in Tile: A tiled backsplash adds waterproof character to the often-damp area behind the sink, where wallpaper or paint might become a problem.
- Newfound Storage: Put a sliver of unused wall to work with a stack of shallow shelves that showcase festive dishware or extra stemware.
- Changing Identities: Improve the functionality of your kitchen — without spending a lot — by transforming an old furniture piece into a work space.
- An Arm’s Reach Away: If you struggle with limited cabinet space, free up a significant amount by installing a pot rack.