Also Announcing Valentine’s Oysters & Bubbly Special
Since dropping its anchor in the heart of West Town last month, Bow & Stern Oyster Bar has dazzled with the its fishing and farm-to-table approach, featuring some of the most creative, if not freshest, land & sea recipes in the neighborhood. Piggy-backing on the success of his dinner menu, executive chef Brian Greene is now pleased to announce the introduction of a brunch menu (Saturday & Sundays from 10:30 am to 3:30 pm). Beginning on Sunday, February 9th, Bow & Stern Oyster Bar will officially launch weekend brunch, filling a void in the Chicago Avenue corridor for the popular late morning meal.
“We are excited to bring West Town a new, unique option for weekend brunch,” said owner Jay Runnfeldt. “We welcome our guests to enjoy a leisurely Saturday or Sunday with friends or the whole family.”
Unlike dinner, where seafood accounts for about 70% of the offerings, brunch incorporates more terrestrial recipes, or about half of the dishes. The menu focuses on local fisheries and farms and ranges from favorites with a twist, such as Oreo Pancakes (with strawberry & Grand Manier sauce and Chartreuse whip cream) to seafood specialties, like Smoked Whitefish Brandade (with poached egg, Nueske’s Bacon, and Malagueta hollandaise).
Other brunch menu highlights:
· Okonomiyaki – grilled octopus, carrot, bok choy
· Omelette – Maitake mushrooms, calbrian chile, rapini, white cheddar
· Slagel Farms Pork Belly Hash – potato, cauliflower, applewood smoked bacon, smoked jalapenos, hen egg, house hot sauce
· Stuffed Challah French Toast – cranberry orange cream sauce, candied pecans
· Steak & Eggs – Slagel Family sirloin, smashed redskin potatoes, grilled broccolini, sunny side egg, house hot sauce
· Maine Mussels – smoked tomato, garlic, shallot, basil, cilantro, scallion, mescal
· Pastrami Cured Salmon – pickled red onion, hyrdo water cress, caviar, bagel, tomato cream cheese
· Bow & Stern Burger – with egg, tomato bacon jam, bread & butter pickles, pickled fresno & fresnos, cheddar, pomme frites, malt vinegar aioli
· Oysters – raw with smoked tomato cocktail & wasabi ginger mignonette
· Shrimp Etouffee
· Lobster Roll
· Lox & Bagel
· Kids offerings including a daily selection of house-made pop tarts
Likewise, Bow & Stern Oyster Bar’s dinner menu showcases a variety of seafood specialties, with a portion of the menu being revised each week to reflect the latest catches and availability. Reservations for brunch or dinner are highly suggested, and can be made via Open Table or at the phone number that follows. The full brunch (or dinner) menu is available soon upon request by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
Oysters & Bubbly Valentine’s Special
Bow & Stern Oyster Bar is inviting couples to celebrate Valentine’s Day over a fabulous meal and drinks in its romantic, candle-lit atmosphere. Accordingly, the house special on Friday, February 14th is geared towards love birds. For $40, you will receive a customized selection of 12 fresh oysters, two glasses of Champagne, and a long-stemmed rose. The special is valid all night in the main dining room or bar, where Midwestern beers, a straightforward wine list and seasonal craft cocktails await.
Address: 1371 W. Chicago Ave
Reservations by calling direct or via Open Table
Mon – CLOSED
Tue – Fri: 5 pm to 2 am
Sat: 10:30 am to 3 am
Sun: 10:30 am to 2 am