Wednesday, May 21
3908 N Sheridan Road
Chicago, IL 60613
Pizza Rustica will host “It’s Time for a Crabbie’s Night” featuring Crabbie’s Alcoholic Ginger Beer, the 4.8% ABV refreshing ginger beer – only for grown-ups. Throughout the evening, guests will enjoy complimentary tastings of the already popular Original and will be introduced to the newest flavor, Spiced Orange. Pizza Rustica mixologists will craft a variety of Crabbie’s cocktails such as: Dark & Stormy, Original with choice of Dark Rum; Brown & Stormy, Original with choice of Bourbon; Foghorn, Original with choice of Gin; Moscow Mule, Original with choice of vodka; Mexican Mule, Original with Espolòn Bianco; the Spiced Mule, Original and Aquavit Private Reserve; and two new cocktails created for the Spiced Orange launch: the Spiced Rye, Spiced Orange with Bulleit Rye, Balsamic Syrup, Muddled Orange and Ginger; and the Spiced Berry; Spiced Orange, Tito’s Vodka, Fresh Puréed Strawberries, Fresh Lemon Juice and Simple Syrup.
In addition to Pizza Rustica’s menu of rustic northern Italian cuisine, Chef Stefano Roman will offer a special al a carte “Crabbie’s Time” menu for those who wish to have a bite with their ginger beer. The delectable offerings will include two appetizers, two entrees and two desserts inspired by and cooked with both Original and Spiced Orange.
- Crabbie’s Spiced Orange Appetizer: Crunchy Spiced Orange Panko Shrimp with a Ginger Orange Dipping Sauce.
- Crabbie’s Original Ginger Appetizer: Ginger Beer-Brown Sugar-Chili Pepper Marinated Pork Belly, Braised then topped with Micro Greens and Candied Ginger, drizzled with a Ginger Caramel Sauce.
- Crabbie’s Spiced Orange Entrée: Roasted Duck White Pizza with Caramelized Onions, Mascarpone, Mozzarella, & Sautéed Spiced Orange Cherries, drizzled with Sweet & Spicy Orange Sauce.
- Crabbie’s Original Ginger Entree: Ginger Beer & Bourbon Marinated Ribs with a Ginger-Bourbon Sauce served with Grilled Polenta.
- Crabbie’s Spiced Orange Dessert: Flourless Chocolate Cake with Spiced Orange Sauce served with Vanilla Ice Cream
- Crabbie’s Original Ginger: Panna Cotta drizzled with Ginger Syrup
Crabbie’s Original is carefully crafted from a secret recipe using ginger shipped from the Far East which is cold steeped for up to six weeks and then combined with four exotic spices. The result is a refreshing, light bodied ginger beer with a spicy fresh ginger flavor, notes of citrus and a warming finish. Spiced Orange offers the same refreshing taste as the Original but with a lighter ginger profile and a zesty orange flavor. For more information on Crabbie’s, please visit http://www.crabbiesgingerbeer.com and follow on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram(@CrabbiesUSA) #icewithaslice #spicedorange.