2015 SUMMER FESTIVAL SEASON KICKS OFF MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND WITH 12THSEASON MAY 23+24 AT RANDOLPH STREET MARKET’S GARDEN PARTY –
FIRST INDOOR/OUTDOOR MARKET OF THE YEAR!
This recurring monthly Market runs it’s Summer Season through September offering an indoor/outdoor RETRO-SPECTACLE like no other!
CHICAGO, IL (May 23+24, 2015)- Chicago’s Randolph Street Market, the country’s largest and liveliest urban antiques market, is celebrating 12 years as the premier vintage extravaganza with the can’t miss season opener kicking off summer, Memorial Day Weekend May 23 + 24. Doors open at 10 am, with early buy beginning at 8am. Over 250 fabulous sellers take up over 8 acres of space, boasting around the clock entertainment, body painting, a disco dance party, a beer and wine garden, hot international crowd and design stars, vintage beach bunnies, cooling stations and cabanas, fashion shows, artisan food vendors, and more- the indoor/outdoor season opener is the place to be and be seen to kick off your Chicago summer! Come for the amazing one-of-a-kind finds, and stay for the entire experience.
Don’t miss the following new and exciting elements at this month’s Market:
- Master Makeup Artist and Body Painter, Orlando Barsallo, and Flower Artist to the stars, Roberto Gonzalez, will be creating a Garden of Eden. Orlando will be live painting on the bodies of Adam & Eve while floral artist Roberto makes floral crowns and build a tree of life. Visitors will get to buy a flower to put on the tree with money going to Bernie’s Book Bank, a Chicago literacy charity. And receive a complimentary drink ticket if you donate a book.
- Stop by Sunday, May 24, 11am-2pm to meet Sports Memorabilia Expert, Michael Osacky and bring in your best collectibles to be appraised. Michael will also show off his vast collection of Cubs and White Sox baseball cards. His expertise is all sports (baseball, football, basketball, hockey, boxing, golf, etc) and all sports collectibles (cards, autographs, programs, ticket stubs, advertising).
- Onsite appraisals on Sundays all season long from 11am-2pm with acclaimed appraiser John Leonard of Leonard Auction. Gather your treasures to find out what they’re really worth!
- Saturday’s from 1-4pm May-September in the new MillerCoors Beer Pub in lower hall, enjoy a Beer & Sausage Flight, pairing different beers with different sausages. And for the winos, enjoy the Wine & Cheese Flight. Don’t forget to stop by the outdoor Beer Garden presented by MillerCoors featuring Blue Moon and other standard and microbrews each month.
- Meet Dianne Crosell of Crosell & Co as she showcases and demonstrates a new collection by Amy Howard of AMY HOWARD HOME, called Rescue, Restore, Redecorate. The line includes DIY’ers magical arsenal of paints and refinishing products – that empower you to re-create furniture specially to your space and home design aesthetic without the tedious chores of sanding, stripping and prepping. Come see Dianne at work Saturday and Sunday 10:30am-5pm.
- Have custom poems typed by a panel of poets, Poems While You Wait. Provide your name, the topic and a $5 donation and you’ll receive an insta-poem 20 minutes later.
- Get easy access to the Market with the Market Trolley, sponsored by Mariano’s and departing round trip from the Water Tower on the hour.
- Cool down in the Shade Shack all weekend and go back in time with a market-wide Disco dance party at noon Saturday with Market DJ & M/C DJ Jones! Additionally, visit the Vinyl Swap Meet our hub for vinyl record sellers.
- Sally Schwartz, Market founder, award winning party planner, and queen of vintage, will host VIP guests in her Cabana.
- A rotating list of live bands in all genres will be playing around the clock including fan favorites. Dixieland Jazz, Rockabilly, Blues, Salsa, your feet will be bopping while the beat keeps you shopping!! Visit randolphstreetmarket.com to see the full list of entertainment!
- Bring your kids for a day of Treasure Hunting! Pick up a Treasure Map and activity sheet at the front gate and enjoy a day of exploration at RSM. Hand in the completed sheet to the Washington St gate and let your child pick a prize from the treasure chest, as well as take home a goody bag filled with bubbles, crayons and more.
The Market, aptly dubbed “the Barneys of vintage” is a huge celebration of fashion, home design, antiques, artwork, music, food and great people watching! Having welcomed more than 100,000 shoppers in 2014, the event has even bigger things in store for 2015! Thanks to Sally Schwartz, The Randolph Street Market put Chicago and the Midwest on the map for well-curated antiques and vintage offerings as the first market of its kind in the Chicago area.